Deposit by May 1 for Early Decision Perks!

BS in Communication Sciences & Disorders

Credit Hours
Quick Links
View Admission Requirements

Career Possibilities


Frequently Asked Questions

Some of the following programs may require additional prerequisite coursework. Graduate programs should be contacted directly in order to know what is required by you as a student.

  • Master’s in speech-language pathology
  • Clinical doctorate or PhD in speech-language pathology
  • Clinical doctorate in audiology
  • Master’s in special education
  • Master’s in psychology (educational, clinical)
  • Master’s in social work
  • Master’s in public health
  • Master’s in deaf education
  • Master’s in disability studies
  • With a master’s degree in speech-language pathology, you can pursue a career as a speech-language pathologist (SLP), assessing and treating patients with speech, language, voice, fluency, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders.
  • With an MS in speech-language pathology, you can gain certification as an SLP through the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) by passing the Praxis exam and completing a clinical fellowship.

A clinical doctorate in audiology will prepare you for practice as an audiologist, with the curriculum providing academic and clinical preparation for practice in areas of hearing sciences and disorders across the lifespan. Audiologists may work in a variety of settings, including:

  • Clinical audiology
  • Pediatric audiology
  • Educational audiology
  • Humanitarian audiology
  • Forensic audiology
  • Corporate audiology

Start Your Journey

We can’t wait to welcome you to the Fire Family!

Apply Now

View All Programs

Admission Details

Financial Aid

Want more information?