This degree will help you:
- Advance your biblical knowledge
- Gain leadership and ministry competencies
- Develop knowledge of Christian theologies, emphasizing Pentecostalism
- Prepare for PhD or advanced terminal degree in Biblical Studies, Theological Studies, or Practical Ministry
- Satisfy the educational requirements for ministerial ordination
- Advanced standing/accelerated options
- Pentecostal focus and spirituality
- Pentecostal scholars as faculty
- Multiple modalities for courses
- Flexible degree deliveries: on-campus, online, or hybrid
*Credit may be awarded based on prior degree completion and/or documented ministry experience. Ask your enrollment counselor for details.
Accelerated Program Paths
- Undergraduate — Undergraduate students who enroll in our Pastoral Accelerator Program can complete both their undergraduate degree in ministry and their Master of Divinity in as little as 5 years!
- Master’s Level — For graduates of, and current students in, Southeastern’s MAML or MATS programs, and ministerial graduate transfer students, the MDiv is a natural next step. Certain transfer credit hours and, in some cases prior ministry experience, can also be accepted toward your MDiv at SEU.
The following degree concentrations are available.
Chaplaincy & Leadership
Fulfills all educational requirements for military chaplaincy; also beneficial for other chaplaincy careers (hospital, political, prison, sports, hospice, etc.)
Pastoral Care & Counseling
The School of Divinity (graduate programs) within the Barnett College of Ministry & Theology at Southeastern University is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).