Deposit by May 1 for Early Decision Perks!

What do I need to file the FAFSA?

If you’re preparing for college, you’ve probably heard the term “FAFSA” more than a few times now. So what is it, and why is it so important? 

The FAFSA (a.k.a. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the first step to applying for financial aid, including Federal Student Aid programs (such as Federal Pell grants, student loans, and Federal Work Study) plus SEU grants and scholarships. In other words, if you want any type of financial aid, this application is your ticket there!

To get started, you’ll need some important documents handy. We understand that this may be your and your family’s first time going through the FAFSA process, which can feel a bit overwhelming. That’s why our admission and financial aid teams are here to help guide you through the process and make it as smooth as possible!

Let’s take a look at the documents you’ll need to complete the FAFSA.

  • SEU’s school code, which is 001521
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your driver’s license (if applicable)
  • Your Alien Registration Number (non-U.S. citizens only)
  • Federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other financial records from two years prior
  • Current bank statements
  • Current records of investments
  • Records of untaxed income for two years prior (if applicable)
  • Records of taxable earnings from Federal Work-Study
  • Records of any financial aid included in your or your parents’ income
  • Your or your parent’s FSA ID 

Once you have these documents handy, you’ll be ready to submit your FAFSA!

If you have any questions along the way regarding the FAFSA, our Student Financial Services office is only a phone call (863.667.5018) or email ( away, so feel free to reach out!

By Madi Schaaf, Student Writer

Learn More

Financial Aid: A Beginner’s Guide

FAFSA Information

Apply Now

More Stories