We consider it a true honor to welcome students who have served God and our country in the armed forces.
Southeastern University is approved for the certification of students who are eligible to receive educational assistance from the Department of Veteran Affairs and who are also enrolled in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
To learn about your benefits under the GI Bill®, visit the website for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Students using tuition assistance should first check with their Education Service Officer (ESO) within their military unit for approval.
How to Utilize VA Benefits at SEU
- Apply for benefits on the VA website at gibill.va.gov.
- Submit a copy of your certificate of eligibility that you receive here. Contact the SEU Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Our certifying official will certify your enrollment hours and tuition to the VA website immediately following the drop/add period for each semester that you are enrolled.
SEU's VA Representatives
The following university staff are available to assist veteran students and families on utilizing their VA benefit as well as other financial aid towards their tuition costs. Before offering, recommending, arranging, signing up, dispersing or enrolling service members for private student loans, we provide service members access to an institutional financial aid adviser who will make available appropriate loan counseling, including, but not limited to:
- Providing a clear and complete explanation of available financial aid, including Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
- Describing the differences between private and federal student loans to include terms, conditions, repayment, and forgiveness options.
- Explaining that students have the ability to refuse all or borrow less than the maximum student loan amount allowed.
* Southeastern University personnel are not employees of the Department of Veteran Affairs, and therefore do not have access to veterans’ records. However, the certifying official will certify class enrollment to the Veterans Administration in Atlanta and monitor academic progress.